Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Wish

DATELINE
SYDNEY Circa 2000

I wish my two feet
Could be walking on your streets.

I wish the love I drew here
Could rain on me when I walk on your streets.

I wish I had two pairs of eyes
One I could have left behind
Stuck on your horizon
To keep looking at you

So that I could still be alive
Still be awake
Awake to your smells
Awake to your colours, your smile, your pain.

I could have gone to sleep
With the other pair
After yet another day of wandering
Around here without you on my side.

I wish my two feet
Could be walking on your streets.
©sumeghaagarwal

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am a dreamer, an optimist, a person with a voice. A normal being who trained as a media professional in India and Australia. I am also a trained community worker. I love trying out new things, taking up new ventures etc. etc. I am bilingual and multicultural. I am a planetarian and try my best to live beyond barriers created by often very unkind human kind for humans and other more important living beings. I live my life reading, thinking, writing and talking.